10 Ways to “WOO” Your Spouse
- Physical touch (i.e. hugs, cuddle, hold hands, kiss, sexual intercourse, etc.).
- Say “I love you” daily.
- Eat at least one meal or snack a day together.
- Send love notes, romantic texts/email messages, telephone calls, facebook, tweet your spouse daily (note: it should not end on the wedding night).
- Establish date nights regularly.
- Plan a getaway or vacation at least once a year.
- Wear your “birthday suit” on a regular basis.
- Compliment or give words of affirmation to your spouse.
- Be your spouse biggest fan/cheerleader.
- Give a gift…just because!
Marriage Survival Tips
- Practice conflict resolution (i.e. refrain from yelling, walking away when being spoken to, etc.).
- Never think the grass is greener on the other side (i.e. don’t assume other relationships are better than yours and/or you will be better off/happy with someone else).
- Don’t flirt with other people (i.e. roaming eyes, over complimenting, never give someone else what you should give your spouse).
- Never let your kids overshadow your marriage (i.e. spending more time with your children instead of your spouse).
- Go over your finances together (i.e. budgets, allocating funds, balance accounts, etc).
- Set short and long-term goals.
- Don’t let friends’ advice influence your marriage.
- Don’t go to bed mad and always sleep in the same bed.
- Communication is KEY…never stop talking.
- Keep others out of your household (i.e. parents, siblings, friends, coworkers and family).
- Always be your spouses’ #1 fan (i.e. support, affirm, encourage etc.).
- Learn to compromise.
- Be creative in the bedroom (i.e. let lovemaking be an experience to look forward to).
- Learn to apologize when you are wrong and accept responsibility for your actions.
Never make divorce an option.
For more information, visit the Wedded Bliss Foundation for support.