Since its inception in 2001, the Future Foundation has grown into a successful ‘second family’ for more than a thousand young people. And now we’d like to add to the family with our new Young Leaders Council (YLC).
The YLC is a diverse and talented group of young professionals whose collective goal is to further pursue the mission of Future Foundation and enhance the lives of young people in the Atlanta area. The idea for YLC came from one of our current board members, who saw the Council as a way for young professionals to raise awareness of Future Foundation among their peers while providing a means to give back.
Members of the Young Leaders Council have a unique opportunity to make a direct impact on the lives of Atlanta’s youth while simultaneously gaining board experience within a prominent non-profit organization. Membership also gives them the chance to build an expansive professional network consisting not only of YLC peers, but also Future Foundation board members and other leaders throughout the community.
Here’s what we ask of each YLC member:
- Make a one year term commitment, renewable annually (three term limit)
- Attend bi-monthly meetings
- Organize fundraising events
- Provide meaningful input to organization strategies and initiatives through board committee work
- Attend Future Foundation events and activities
- Initiate social engagement campaigns
- Make $250 personal contribution with a goal to procure $500 from friends and family
If you’re interested in joining the Young Leaders Council, please contact Brittany Gray via email or call 404-766-0510.